Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Marisa is 6!

My baby girl is 6! Wow. Here is the beaming girl on the day of her bday (02/03/04). Great birthdate!
For her party I planned a mom's nightmare, and a child's dream - a candy party. I had a couple games (lollipop toss, candy bingo, and Pin the candy on the candyland game board ...) but the main event was the CANDY BUFFET. This was their "goody bag". They each got a bag that they had decorated, and were able to take 1 candy (or 2 or 3 depending on the sign on the container) from each candy dish. No candy was consumed at the party - I sent it all home. I'm no dummy.
Here they are going through the line ...


And the last few years I have had fun baking and decorating cakes for my kids' birthdays. THis year I did two (because there were 19 little girls and Lucas and a lot of moms and I was afraid there wouldn't be enough - but the real reason was I was just having fun decorating cakes and I couldn't decide which one to make!) The first was a Bubblegum machine cake.


And the 2nd was a Candyland cake. This one was fun to decorate as a family. (And I wouldn't be able to do this without my husband's help for sure! He's the real decorator.)



And the cake at the end. In this picture I'm saying "Is it over yet? Can someone please get these children out of my house?"



4 comments:

Kaylyn Fernandez said...

Wow Debbie what an awesome theme!!! And I LOVE the cakes. I have never heard of this theme and it is SOOOO creative! You are a brave mom!!! :) Happy Birthday to your beautiful Marisa!!!!!

Rachel said...

great job! love the gumball cake alot! You did fantastic. even more fantastic is that you were able to stay alive with all those girls!

Grace said...

I really like the candyland cake. that is really creative. :) You know I like cool cakes!

Kristen said...

Ok...love these...but it's almost April...new post please!